Virtual Church Sneak Preview
Starting in September, we invite you to join us for opportunities to get connected to God and one another through our Virtual Church. Details about sign-ups and start-ups will be available through Facebook and our website.
- C2 LIVE Re-imagined - Thursday, September 17th at 6:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary
- C2 on Sunday - Weekly online at 8:30 a.m. on our webpage and Facebook.
- Sunday Worship - 10:15 a.m. LIVE in the Sanctuary and live-streamed.
- Bluegrass Sunday - 10:15 a.m. on September 13th, LIVE and livestreamed
- Zoom Coffee Hour - starts on Sunday, September 13th at 11:30 a.m. Click here to see the zoom call instructions.
- Sacred Pause - Every Monday on Zoom at 8:30 a.m.
- Vespers - The 3rd Sunday of every month, starting on Sunday, October 18th at 6:30 p.m. This will be a time of prayer and musical meditation LIVE in the Sanctuary.
ADULT FAITH MATTERS
- Christian Believer - Led by Rev. Dr. Anna V. Copeland, starts Tuesday, September 22nd at 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. on Zoom. Click here for more information and to sign up.
- Bible Studies (classes meet on Zoom)
- Men's Bible Study - Led by Rev. David Johnson, starts Tuesday, September 15th at 8:00 a.m. Click here to sign up.
- Co-Ed Bible Study - Led by Revs. David Johnson and Rev. Elizabeth Johnson, starts Tuesday, September 22nd at 6:30 p.m. Click here to sign up.
- Women's Bible Study - Led by Rev. Elizabeth Johnson, starts Wednesday, September 23rd at 11:00 a.m. Click here to sign up.
- Tackling Tough Questions Through the Eyes of Faith - Racism - Led by Elaine Matthes is an ongoing class.
- Courageous Conversations - Led by guest speaker Allen Hilton on Wednesdays, September 30th, October 7th, 28th and November 11th, on Zoom at 6:30 p.m. Click here to learn more and sign up.
- Movies that Matter - Led by Rev. Dr. Anna V. Copeland and Andrew Galuska, will be held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month starting September 16th at 6:30 p.m. LIVE in the Sanctuary.
- Cold Brewed - Join Rev. Dr. Anna V. Copeland and a guest host every Tuesday at 1:00 p.m., starting September 22nd on Facebook.
- Inspired - Spiritually Fed Small Groups - Introduced by one of the ministers of Community Church every week. Begins Monday, September 21st at 6:30 p.m. or Thursday, September 24th at 10:00 a.m. Click here to sign up and learn more.
CHILDREN, YOUTH, AND FAMILIES
- Sunday School - Our Godly Play Sunday School program will begin on September 13th during our 10:15 a.m. Worship Service.
- Youth Meet and Greet - If your child is between the age of 12 and 18, please call Rev. Joshua Longbottom at 850.221.5615 or email him at . He would like to schedule a time to swing by your home for a brief, socially-distanced front-yard introduction. This would be a great opportunity to ask him about this year's upcoming programming.
- Confirmation Class - Led by Rev. Elizabeth Johnson and Rev. Joshua Longbottom.
- Parent orientation meeting: Sunday, September 13th at 11:30 a.m. in Commotion.
- Confirmation Commissioning Sunday: Sunday, September 20th During the 10:15 a.m. service in the Sanctuary
- Confirmation Classes Begin: Thursday, September 24th from 5:15 - 6:15 p.m. on the Church Campus.
- Parenting Small Groups: Two groups led by Rev. Elizabeth Johnson. Will start early October on Zoom. Exact day and time will determined at a later date.
- Listen - introduces parents to five simple, practical skills even the most harried parent can use. These tools will help parents strengthen their connection with their child and help build their child's intelligence, cooperation, and ability to learn as they grow.
- Growing Compassionate Kids - features practical everyday ways for parents to help their children care about people in need. Jan Johnson, a well-known author who deals with Christian spirituality, helps parents learn to incorporate social outreach and mission into the often-hectic everyday realities of family life.
- Bathtub Beach Family Day - Sunday, September 20th at 12:00 noon meet at 1585 SE MacArthur Boulevard in Stuart.
- Boo Bash - Saturday, October 24th from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon. Fun for the whole family.
- Jingle Jam - Saturday, December 12th from 10:00 until 12:00 noon. Stay tuned for more details.
MUSIC AND FINE ARTS
- Facebook Live - "Wednesdays @ 1:00 p.m." are weekly livestream features that delve deeper into Music and the Fine Arts with tours, interviews and more hosted by Andrew Galuska, Director of Music and Fine Arts. These livestream only events may be found weekly by visiting: www.facebook.com/ccovb.org
- Musical Moments - Weekly recitals and concerts on Thursday mornings at 11:00 a.m. These livestream only concerts feature local musicians, music staff, and special guests, and may be found by visiting www.facebook.com/ccovb.org or our Church website.
- Shakespeare: Jill Truax and Andrew Galuska will present selections from "A Shakespeare Children's Story" as part of our fall programming. This book series was written with children in mind to introduce young ones to the works of William Shakespeare. These broadcasts will include narration by Jill Truax, music improvisation by Andrew Galuska on organ, and illustrations by Sean Sexton. Keep an eye and ear out for more information on this literary, visual, and musical offering.
- Additional programming: Throughout the year we hold various musical concerts and events. Keep watching for more details.
- Pastoral Visitations: If you or a family member is in the hospital, our ministers will be happy to visit. Current hospital policy is that you must request a visit in order for a minister to be allowed by the hospital to come. Please email call the Church Office at 772-562-3633 to request a visit.
- Prayer Request Online: If you have a prayer request, you can submit it through our website, by calling the Church Office at 772-562-3633, or by filling out a prayer request form during Sunday Service and placing it in one of the offering boxes in the Narthex.
- Prayer Group: We have a group that meets on a weekly basis to pray for your concerns.
During this season of social distancing we are not able to organize mission activities together. Watch the bulletin, the website, and our Facebook page for opportunities to serve safely. We will post them as we become aware of them.
- Samaritan Center Soup Bowl: soup will be available for sale during the first week in November, however we will not host a meal. Soup bowls will be sold at the Heritage Center.
- Christmas Wish Tree: This Christmas, gift tags will be available online during November. Gifts will be gathered in and distributed after