Virtual Church Sneak Preview
Starting in September, we invite you to join us for opportunities to get connected to God and one another through our Virtual Church. Details about sign-ups and start-ups will be available through Facebook and our website.
- C2 LIVE Re-imagined - Third Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary
- C2 on Sunday - Weekly online at 8:30 a.m. on our webpage and Facebook.
- Sunday Worship - 10:15 a.m. LIVE in the Sanctuary and live-streamed.
- Zoom Coffee Hour Sundays at 11:30 a.m. Click here to see the zoom call instructions.
- Sacred Pause - Every Monday on Zoom at 8:30 a.m.
- Vespers - The 3rd Sunday of every month, starting on Sunday, October 18th at 6:30 p.m. This will be a time of prayer and musical meditation LIVE in the Sanctuary.
ADULT FAITH MATTERS
- Christian Believer - Led by Rev. Dr. Anna V. Copeland, on Zoom. Signups are now closed for this class.
- Bible Studies (classes meet on Zoom)
- Tackling Tough Questions Through the Eyes of Faith - Racism - Led by Elaine Matthes is an ongoing class.
- Courageous Conversations - Led by guest speakers Dr. Allen Hilton and Dr. David Anderson Hooker on Wednesdays, October 7th, 28th, and November 11th. Click here to learn more and sign up.
- Movies that Matter - Join Rev. David Johnson and Rev. Elizabeth on October 14th at 6:30 p.m. LIVE in the Sanctuary.
- Cold Brewed - Join Rev. Dr. Anna V. Copeland and a guest host on October 13th and then on the third Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. on Facebook Live and our website.
CHILDREN, YOUTH, AND FAMILIES
- Sunday School - Our Sunday School meets in the Lanai during our 10:15 a.m. Worship Service.
- Youth Meet and Greet - If your child is between the age of 12 and 18, please call Rev. Joshua Longbottom at 850.221.5615 or email him at . He would like to schedule a time to swing by your home for a brief, socially-distanced front-yard introduction. This would be a great opportunity to ask him about this year's upcoming programming.
- Parenting Small Groups: Two groups led by Rev. Elizabeth Johnson. Will start early October on Zoom. Exact day and time will be determined at a later date.
- Listen - introduces parents to five simple, practical skills even the most harried parent can use. These tools will help parents strengthen their connection with their child and help build their child's intelligence, cooperation, and ability to learn as they grow.
- Growing Compassionate Kids - features practical everyday ways for parents to help their children care about people in need. Jan Johnson, a well-known author who deals with Christian spirituality, helps parents learn to incorporate social outreach and mission into the often-hectic everyday realities of family life.
- Boo Bash - Saturday, October 24th from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon. Fun for the whole family.
- Jingle Jam - Saturday, December 12th from 10:00 until 12:00 noon. Stay tuned for more details.
MUSIC AND FINE ARTS
- Facebook Live - "Wednesdays @ 1:00 p.m." are weekly livestream features that delve deeper into Music and the Fine Arts with tours, interviews and more hosted by Andrew Galuska, Director of Music and Fine Arts. These livestream only events may be found weekly by visiting: www.facebook.com/ccovb.org
- Additional programming: Throughout the year we hold various musical concerts and events. Keep watching for more details.
- Pastoral Visitations: If you or a family member is in the hospital, our ministers will be happy to visit. Current hospital policy is that you must request a visit in order for a minister to be allowed by the hospital to come. Please email call the Church Office at 772-562-3633 to request a visit.
- Prayer Request Online: If you have a prayer request, you can submit it through our website, by calling the Church Office at 772-562-3633, or by filling out a prayer request form during Sunday Service and placing it in one of the offering boxes in the Narthex.
- Prayer Group: We have a group that meets on a weekly basis to pray for your concerns.
During this season of social distancing, we are not able to organize mission activities together. Watch the bulletin, the website, and our Facebook page for opportunities to serve safely. We will post them as we become aware of them.
- Samaritan Center Soup Bowl: soup will be available for sale during the first week in November, however we will not host a meal. Soup bowls will be sold at the Heritage Center.
- Christmas Wish Tree: This Christmas, gift tags will be available online during November. Gifts will be gathered in and distributed after