Keeping You Safe
March 12, 2020
Dear Community Church Members and Congregants:
We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus, and wanted you to be aware of what we are doing to keep ourselves safe during this time.
Keeping You Safe
The Moderator, Interim Senior Minister, Executive Committee, ministry team, and staff have collaboratively prepared ways to respond to the Coronavirus and to support safe worship, community, pastoral care, programming, mission, and outreach. As we gather new information, we may revise our protocols on a regular basis. However, here is a summary of our response at this time:
- Hand sanitizers have been placed throughout the Community Church of Vero Beach campus, including at the entrance and exit of all meeting spaces.
- Cleaning protocols have been revised, including use of a spray that traps bacteria, preventing transmission by touch from services.
- For the next two months, we will offer communion on the first Sunday of each month in the Chapel at 11:15 for those who wish to receive it. We will suspend serving communion during the regularly scheduled worship surfaces to avoid contact through the passing of communion trays.
- For the next two months, we invite you to prayerfully share your offering and pledges in specially marked baskets at the entrances of worship, rather than passing the plates during worship.
- If your immune system is compromised, you may participate in worship through live stream video, available at www.ccovb.org, Facebook or by calling the Church Office and asking for an easy to access link. You may call the Church Office at 772.562.3633 for help accessing worship as needed.
- Hands folded and a slight bow may replace shaking hands.
- A touch on your upper arm may replace a hug.
- Information regarding prevention and care for those who may have been exposed to the virus is available through the Indian River Emergency Operations Center (EOC) on their website at www.irces.com or their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/IndianRiverEOC or through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov.
What can you do?
- Please wash your hands thoroughly for two minutes following physical contact with others.
- Use hand sanitizers.
- Recover at home when you have a cough or a fever. Contact one of our ministers or the Church if you need assistance or pastoral care.
While we are all grappling with the challenges and anxieties that this virus has presented, please remember, God is with us each and every day. We will continue to keep you apprised of our efforts to keep our entire Church community safe.
We know not what the future will bring, but we will continue to do our very best to respond to this outbreak in a thoughtful and appropriate way.
Stephen M. Higgins Anna V. Copeland
Church Moderator Interim Senior Minister