We thank you for your generous response to God’s gifts through your support of Community Church. Without your generosity, the ministries and mission of your church would not be possible.
Generosity is a fruit of spiritual health. The more we grow in Christ, the more generous we become. As you place your trust in God to give you what you need, it becomes an increasing pleasure to live without fear, confident and grateful for the abundant life God provides. When we grow in generosity and gratitude, we give back to the places where we have been spiritually blessed and fed, and to those places that bless and spiritually feed others.
During this unprecedented year of challenge and change, your faithfulness, by the grace of God, allowed us to serve our wider community in the following ways:
- Assist construction of a new Habitat for Humanity home.
- Support Samaritan Soup Bowl to feed people who are food insecure.
- Provide 350 Christmas gifts for local children and families in need.
- Procure emergency housing for those without shelter.
- Sponsor the Dignity Bus through The Source to care for the homeless.
- Supplement rent and utility assistance for those who lost jobs during the pandemic.
- Distribute $200,000 to agencies who provide food, shelter and education services to those in need in IRC.
- Fund with Plymouth Congregational Church in Miami to re-build a park/playground after the Bahama hurricane.
As you reflect on how your church serves you and others on your behalf, please take a moment now to generously give so that others might be spiritually fed and live. We invite you to express your confidential generosity through the enclosed card, or on-line through www.ccovb.org.
We hope God inspires you through Community Church’s vibrant ministry of music and worship, and cares for you while committed to ministries of education and compassion. One day soon we will greet one another face to face. Until then, thank you for your faith, your prayers, and your generous support of God’s life-changing work through your Community Church.
God’s grace, mercy and peace,
Rev. Dr. Anna V. Copeland
Interim Senior Minister
Now you can electronically submit a confidential pledge card. Submission will do directly to Shawna Carawan’s email. Fill in the form below to make your pledge! Read more about how your pledge will support your church below the virtual pledge card.