Monday, March 19, 2018 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Click here to visit Community Peace and Justice - from a Faith Perspective which we have addressed on Wednesday Nights at Community at Community.
Congregational churches have always believed that people should learn as much as they can about our world and God’s place in it. We at Community Church believe that knowledge is not the enemy of faith, but rather
- Five different Bible Study groups gather during the course of a week to deepen our understanding of the Scriptures as we view them through current scholarship, share our insights, and support each other as we attempt to live it out.
- Wednesday evenings serve as our “Midweek Connection.” We share a meal, engage a topic through lecture, film, or interview, and then spend time discussing ways that we might think and live in new ways.
- Each year our Ella Dodd Distinguished Lecture Series invites a nationally recognized scholar or author to open our minds and hearts to new ways of understanding our faith.
On Wednesday evenings where we share a meal, engage a topic through lecture, film, or interview, and then discuss ways to think and live in new ways. Dinner at 5 PM (Call 772-562-3633 to make a dinner reservation). The programming begins in Community Hall (no reservation needed, just come by) at 6 PM. All activities on campus, youth group, bible studies, etc. come together for a brief vespers service. Following this, there is a lecture or topic covered by clergy, laypeople or guests. Generally, this weekly event is finished at 7:30 PM. Click here for a brochure with all the upcoming speakers and events.
Men’s Bible Studies meet on Tuesdays at 7 AM in Community Hall and at 11 AM in the choir room.
Women’s Bible Studies meet to study in Community Hall at 11 AM and 5 PM on Tuesdays.
Co-ed Bible Study meets at 6 PM on Wednesday in the Garden Room. Meet first in Community Hall for Vespers.
Annual “Ella Dodd Distinguished Lecture Series”
Annually, Community Church invites a nationally recognized scholar or author to discover new ways of understanding our faith.
in 2018, we are pleased to invite Al Staggs. Mr. Staggs is an actor and pastor who will speak to us in the voice of Clarence Jordan at 4 PM and Dietrich
Get involved with Community Church Adult Education. Contact Rev. David Johnson at 772-469-2355 or .
Our Gathering This Year Will Use David’s Story From The Old Testament.
- Challenges that seem oversized
- Friendships that help us through rough times
- The complexity of leadership
- An honest relationship with God
Take time out - Grow your Spiritual Journey - Develop New Friendships ... Hang Out with the Guys! The retreat is led by Doug Wysockey -Johnson, Exec. Director of
Location: Our Lady of Florida Spiritual Center, North Palm Beach, FL
Questions: Call Dave Mrotek at 203-829-4254Print out the form here to sign up!
Thursday, March 8th – Friday, March 9th
Our Lady of Florida Spiritual Center
North Palm Beach, FL
Register by February 20, 2018
This retreat will be led by Community Church's own Lori Ferrell. She came to CCOVB via Laos where she and her family served in mission for nearly nine years. She is currently studying to become certified as a Spiritual Director and has led many retreats for women over the years.
Questions: Call Elaine Matthes at 772-469-2309
Monday, March 19, 2018 from 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM