Click here to visit Community Peace and Justice - from a Faith Perspective which we have addressed on Wednesday Nights at Community at Community.
Congregational churches have always believed that people should learn as much as they can about our world and God’s place in it. We at Community Church believe that knowledge is not the enemy of faith, but rather
- Five different Bible Study groups gather during the course of a week to deepen our understanding of the Scriptures as we view them through current scholarship, share our insights, and support each other as we attempt to live it out.
- Wednesday evenings serve as our “Midweek Connection.” We share a meal, engage a topic through lecture, film, or interview, and then spend time discussing ways that we might think and live in new ways.
- Each year our Ella Dodd Distinguished Lecture Series invites a nationally recognized scholar or author to open our minds and hearts to new ways of understanding our faith.
“Wednesdays at Community”
On Wednesday evenings where we share a meal, engage a topic through lecture, film, or interview, and then discuss ways to think and live in new ways. Dinner at 5 PM (Call 772-562-3633 to make a dinner reservation). The programming begins in Community Hall (no reservation needed, just come by) at 5:45 PM. All activities on campus, youth group, bible studies, etc. come together for a brief vespers service. Following this, there is a lecture or topic covered by clergy, laypeople or guests. Generally, this weekly event is finished at 7:30 PM
An updated list of 2019 p
Men’s Bible Studies meet on Tuesdays at 7 AM in Community Hall.
Women’s Bible Studies meet to study in Community Hall at 11 AM and 5 PM on Tuesdays.
Annual “Ella Dodd Distinguished Lecture Series”
Annually, Community Church invites a nationally recognized scholar or author to discover new ways of understanding our faith.
in 2019, we are honored to have Dr. John Dominic Crossan as our speaker on February 27.
Get involved with Community Church Adult Education. Contact Rev. David Johnson at 772-469-2355 or .
Male in a Whale
Our Gathering This Year Will Use Jonah’s Story From The Old Testament. We will use this story as a conversation partner to explore questions like:
- Are you caught in a storm?
- What is making waves in your life?
- What does it mean to love your enemies in today's polarized culture?
On this retreat, Men can expect:
- A chance to discover a dynamic parallel between our lives and the powerful message conveyed in the words found in the story of Jonah.
- An opportunity to share and participate in open discussions and conversations.
- Fellowship, prayer, worship with good food and lots of laughter.
- Chances to meet other men in our church and local community along with opportunities to develop new friendships.
Location: Our Lady of Florida Spiritual Center, North Palm Beach, FL
Questions: Call Dave Mrotek at 203-829-4254
"Beyond Thoughts and Prayers!"
November 9 & 10, 2018
Rev. Jan Hoffman will lead us on this journey of prayer, faith
Questions: Call Elaine Matthes at 772-469-2309